Tuesday 14 January 2014

3D Model Box

Model boxes are extremely important when designing the set for a theatre/entertainment piece. They help you have a 3D image to work from when explaining how your set works. they are also extremely important for the directors to have in the blocking stage so they have a visualisation of the set they can describe from.

When I first started my model box I spoke to the directors of the show and they gave me a brief to go from. I also familiarised myself with the script so that I could distinguish what was necessary to have in the set. For example we needed a taxi rank and a Salon.
Halfway through the process of making the model box some of the highs of the decking changed and the layout of the shops was altered slightly. After making these adjustments I was finally able to hand over the model box for the Directors to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment